10 Minute: Post Work - Pre Party Workout

7/19/2017 02:06:00 pm




It's Wednesday, #humpday. Knock out this quick body weight workout before you knock back those beers. 🍻 

Do each exercise as recommended and aim to repeat the set 3 - 5 times for max effect. 💪


Smiling Squats | 20 reps 
Squats, she squats, do you even squat, squat life! Yes, I'm here for this basic compound move. Squats work 2 major muscle groups, our quadriceps & glutes. Need I say more? 
Pro Tip: The deeper the squat the sweeter the plump. 




Wall Push Up | 20 reps 
The wall push up is a great way to tackle push ups if the mere thought of them overwhelms you, the trick is to look like you want to make out with the wall but pull back, ah you see I'm teaching y'all more than just fitness. #HowNotToFlirt | This beginner friendly move engages your shoulders, biceps & triceps, for a little challenge add a clap. 


Wall Sit | 30 second hold
The wall sit is an isolation exercise that serves to strengthen your quadriceps (front leg). With this move, be sure that your legs are forming a right angle parallel to the floor, sit as low as you can with your back against the wall and HOLD. 
Pro Tip: Think happy thoughts 



Tricep Dips | 20 reps 

Too often than not, I get clients who tell me that they want to work on their booty and abs, completely neglecting the other parts of their bodies. I don't blame them, it's where I come in - building strength in your arms and back is as equally important for aesthetic balance (DYK: well trained arms and back give the appearance of a narrower waist) and overall strength. 
Pro Tip: Make sure your arms are at 90 degrees in the down phase of this move. 




Step Up | 12 each leg 

Ah, the step up! I underestimated the true effect of this move but I now know better and am here to tell you the good news. Do it! Find any elevated platform and step up to the plate, I like to go back into a deep back lunge in the down phase *optional - you can opt to land with a straight leg. 


Cheers! 





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Popular Posts

Featured post

I Keep These 5 Things in My Gym Bag

Subscribe