That One Time In the North!

8/30/2017 09:30:00 am




Be prepared to spend half a day just traveling, going we took an Intercape Sleepliner which left at like 5 pm and if you know me, you’ll know that my ass fell asleep the minute my ass hit the seat. So, you can just imagine how homegirl felt waking up some 11 hours later, my body honestly did not grasp just how far we had traveled. 

In this post I share snippets of my trip to the town Okalongo in Northern Namibia. 





Stumbled upon this beautiful little girl who I caught just staring at me. 




I found the way they families lived particularly interesting, it is a compound like set up, with many "rooms" enclosed in one area. When I asked someone about the setup she explained that it was set up that way so as to keep the family close. 




Friday was the church wedding and the collection of the bride from her village town, now this is where things got interesting. Johnny (the groom) just had to choose a bride (Anita) that was from what seemed like Angola. We drove for a solid 2 plus hours to get to her village and that wouldn’t be so bad but under the circumstances, it was an experience, the road was paved with thick white sand making it an extremely bumpy ride, for the whole 2 plus hours. You feel? 😫😬



We arrived to the church an hour before the bride so thus the waiting continued, plus there were 3 other weddings taking place alongside the one we were there for. The church was packed to the brim with people almost sitting on top of each other dreading having to stand through the proceedings which lasted a total of 4 hours.


Best-friend slaying! 💞


 I wore a beautiful vambo dress. and I felt like a vambo princess. 😊 👑



Saturday morning I got to sleep in a little which was heaven sent, my body was slowly starting to feel the fatigue from all the "festivities". The groom's reception was set to start at 3 pm so you know it only kicked off right about 6 pm haha 😁



The sunsets were absolutely breathtaking, every single day. 



On our way back a tire busted, luckily our driver at the time picked it up right away and pulled us over, right next to a bar! 😂😂 talk about good karma! #WontHeDoIt 



All in all, it was a beautiful experience and something I got to check off my bucket list.

Comment one thing below you want to tick off your list before the year is over?






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Popular Posts

Featured post

I Keep These 5 Things in My Gym Bag

Subscribe