Coconut Magic!

8/18/2017 01:10:00 pm




Coconut oil!

Every natural hair lovers best friend! Can I get an Amen?
I love love love coconut but it hasn't always been this way. For the longest time, I jumped from brand to brand of lotion and oil for my hair. Whatever I could get my hands on was the motto.

Then a few years ago my lovely mama *S/O came home with this bottle of pure coconut oil and my life has never been the same since! No lie. I use coconut oil for everything, I cook with it, I use it as lotion and it's my go-to for all things natural hair care.

Pro Tip: When buying coconut oil be sure to look out for the pure, unrefined ones - that's the stuff you want. Unrefined coconut oil means it hasn't been processed, bleached or refined in any way.





Here are a few coco facts and ways you can add this amazing oil to your life: 

  • Aids in reducing inflammation, and supporting the bodies natural process - add it to your coffee as a creamer (let melt into coffee/ tea) 
  • Makeup remover ladies – generously rub coconut oil all over your face and then take a makeup removing wipe viola! 
  • Naturally abundant in Vitamin E which makes it great as a natural body moisturizer (rub all over your body after your bath or shower)
  • Hot oil treatment - unlike its sister oils mineral or sunflower, coconut oil has been found to greatly reducing protein loss in hair, it is able to penetrate the hair shaft making it a an efficient hair protectant 
  • Remove gum from hair or furniture (apply and allow to soak and it should come right out). 
  • Mix with apple cider vinegar as a natural lice treatment 
  • Put down the margarine or butter and use coconut as a guilt free substitute - use it to bake, fry or saute  
  • Oil pulling this is a great way to refresh your gums and teeth. Oil pulling has been proven to decrease tooth decay, gum disease, plaque and general strengthening of your gums & jaws 





Whatever the question, coconut & avocado is the answer!

PS: Dischem has some yummy huge tubs of organic coconut oil options, check them out.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

Instagram

Popular Posts

Featured post

I Keep These 5 Things in My Gym Bag

Subscribe