Tweet like a Millennial

8/09/2017 03:40:00 pm





So, here's how I give back to fellow bloggers, with social media platform growth tea tips haha that was a mouthful. But on a real, I had a Twitter account for like 4 years and during those four years tweeted like about 30 times, most of the time those were useless updates about what I was currently doing, and never really bothered to learn anything about how it the platform worked. TBH that 140 character limit put me off. (we've since worked out our issues :P)

Fast forward to 2017, this year started I decided to really give this blogging thing a solid shot. I had blogged in the past but I always ended up deleting blogs and losing inspiration. I am no longer a victim to lack of inspiration, I find ways to stay inspired - read, write, workout, meet new people, train clients, eat; my list is now endless.

Back to Twitter, I wanted to share how I grew my Twitter following and increased my engagement & impressions too. 

I hope this post helps you 𝨾 Enjoy!

  1. Username: This is a personal pet peeve of mine, I do not enjoy people constantly changing their handles *rolls eyes and on more than one occasion have mistakenly un-followed someone because I didn't recognize their name and assumed it was someone I followed by accident. So I recommend you choose your handle wisely and if its one thats related to your blog you wouldn't want to change it anyway because it makes it easy for people to find you. Should you need/ want to change it, I say announce it - let your readers know that you've changed your name. Simple.                                                                                                                                                                                      
  2. Like, Comment, Retweet: Let's face it, you want people to engage with your fabulous self and blog so make the effort to do the same. Browse different profiles of people doing what your doing and those just generally doing other awesome things and if you genuinely see something you like, let the person know. We all appreciate feedback.                                                               
  3. Twitter Analytics: Yes, they are available and free make use of them to gain a better understanding of the types of posts your audience responds to, what the best times to post are and much more. Below are a few screenshots of my analytics, snaps for the growth in followers, impressions & engagement!                                                                                          

Analytics round up from Feb 2017

Analytics round up of Mar 2017 
Analytics round up of July 2017


4. RT for awareness: I've seen first hand how the Twitter community respects those 3 words, be sure to use them wisely.                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
5. Tweet Smart: Make good use of those 140 characters, whether you are sharing a blog post, a thought or experience. Add flesh to your tweet by making use of gifs there is an endless library of them that Twitter offers, or use a beautiful image that you took. 

6. Pin Tweet to Profile: I've seen people make use of this feature in various ways, for a blogger this feature is cool to use to highlight your latest blog post, a featured post you think everyone should read etc. Make this feature work for you by adding a link to your blog, it's the first post people will see when they visit your profile, make it work for you. 



And there you have it! 

Thank you for reading! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Popular Posts

Featured post

I Keep These 5 Things in My Gym Bag

Subscribe