My Go -To Shnacks!

8/03/2017 02:55:00 pm



Hi guys,

Diet & nutrition. When embarking on the journey to living a healthier more active lifestyle, what you eat will directly influence your results, how fast you see them and how long them gains will stick around child, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I've learned the hard way that it's so not, "I workout so I can eat whatever I want". One key way to make sure you stay on track with your diet is to plan your meals. The foods you eat in between your bigger meals are crucial too, so snack smart. In an effort to inspire y'all to snack better, here are my go-to on the go healthy shnacks.

Enjoy!



1. Yoghurt x Granola: I get my granola from Dischem, I prefer the Lifestyle Food brand in Dischem. They have delicious mixes with yummy goodness such as nuts, raisins, cashews, cranberries. They are high in energy, fibre and protein - if you're craving something sweet this is a filling guilt free option.







2. Jungle Oats Easy: This shnack is the best on those days when prep just gets away from you, grab this filling easy energy on the go cup and you're sorted until your next big meal. It's made with rolled  & toasted oats and depending on the flavor you pick it has mini chunks of either fruit or nuts. Yas! You can find these in Spar. 





3.  Grab an Orange! Juicy, sweet (when you pick a good one) and renowned for its concentration of vitamin C, oranges make the perfect snack and can be added to salads and various other dishes for a tang. I personally underestimated the power of this fruit. Oranges aren't only packed with nearly 100 percent of your daily vitamin C needs.
They are also a very good source of dietary fibre, vitamin B1 and pantothenic acid (which help the body convert glucose into energy), calcium (essential for building bones and helps our blood clot) & potassium (aids in lower risk of high blood pressure, stroke & heart disease). 




4. Spread it like peanut buttah: Spread it on rice cakes or just take a spoonful to the mouth child, live! Peanut butter is high in protein and healthy oils that can aid in fat loss, diabetes, and also contains fibre which is great for bowel health aka being regular. Hopefully, you aren't part of the 1 percent of the population that is allergic to nuts. Be sure to read the label when choosing peanut butter, you want to buy those that only contain peanuts and salt.




5. Avocado! 



Thank you for reading, I didn't think my last go-to snack needed any more clarification as to why it is on the list.

Til next time! 






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Popular Posts

Featured post

I Keep These 5 Things in My Gym Bag

Subscribe