Bloggers Chat Circuit | Episode 3

4/05/2017 09:51:00 am


Hi, guys!

How are you finding this week's posts? Enjoying getting to know our local bloggers? I'm definitely finding the episodes quite interesting. 
A huge thank you to all the bloggers featured so far, S H I N E ON! 

______________________


1. Hi, Thank you for taking the time for this interview on my blog, can you tell my readers about yourself and your blog? 


I’m Lynn, I’m 22 and just like most millennials I have things to say! I started my blog to channel feelings that many of us have a hard time discussing BUT still need to discuss. I just want to give any and everybody who can relate a big cyber hug, the world is a cold place! When I’m done with my current 30-Day Challenge I want to continue with that line of content as well as reviews on albums, think pieces on the state of society and just underground cultural phenomena’s in Windhoek. There’s so much this city has to offer but we just don’t know, I’m trying to be the plug! That’s, my primary blog. I started http://theloverchronicles.blogspot.com to share poetry that I’ve written and performed. Did I mention that I’m a poet. I didn’t? Whoops, well I am! Catch me on stage sometime. Or stalk my blog. OR do both!




2. What inspired you to start your blogs? 



I started my primary blog because I found this super relatable blog by a Spanish woman and she deleted it! Her content was down to earth, all she did was write what she was feeling when she felt it. Her absence inspired me to create similar content but with the specific aim to uplift and inspire. I started my poetry blog because I felt a deep frustration with performing poets who don’t have their content online! Sometimes I want to dissect their poetry in my own time because I know I missed some probably important things. Essentially, I decided to be the change I wanted to see in the world.



3. How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently? 

I don’t really need motivation. I was born a writer I HAVE to write like I HAVE to pump blood, to survive. Even if it’s just for one reader, it has to be done! If I ever delete my blogs, please come check up on me? Something must be clearly wrong.



4. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running? 



I don’t really need motivation. I was born a writer I HAVE to write like I HAVE to pump blood, to survive. Even if it’s just for one reader, it has to be done! If I ever delete my blogs, please come check up on me? Something must be clearly wrong.



5. What do you think is the best service a blogger can provide to his readers? 

So, a couple of weeks ago I curated the @AfroBloggers account (if you’re African and a blogger follow them on Twitter!) for 2 days which gave me access to hundreds of bloggers around the continent and I observed that in this day and age millennials are using blogging as a means to be heard. I personally have vowed to talk more about my battle with mental illnesses based off the experience because that’s what I know and something that also needs to be discussed. I think we (bloggers) should all talk about what we know that’s culturally relevant, we have a responsibility to create a space as Africans to discuss issues in Africa. Whether it’s representing dark skinned girls in the fashion world like Victoria or just me, talking about depression. Whatever works for you, you have a voice and an audience, do something meaningful with it.



6. Who takes the majority of your photos? 

I’m struggling with this because I want all my content to be my own but time and hounding down my photographer is a challenge! Her name is Silvia, a childhood friend who is basically a sister. She loves photography, bought a camera and we’re out here trying to do the thing.



7. What would you say that is the greatest satisfaction of being a blogger in Namibia? 

[Laughs] WELL at some point I hope I’m enough of a big deal to get invitations to things, along with gifts! I started my blog in 2012 but was rather absent last year which is why I’m doing the 30-Day Blogging Challenge. But so far I’ve found some amazing blogs and come across bloggers like you that I get to interact with, which I really, REALLY like. When I attended Spoken Word last month I had a bunch of people (including poets!) inform me on how they’ve been keeping up with my challenge, that was dope. Being asked to curate to an audience of African bloggers gave me a platform to talk about mental illnesses, an issue in Africa that we don’t discuss and the response was meaningful, a dialogue was created, it humbled me so much and showed me how much power we truly have as bloggers.


8. What is your best advice for other bloggers? 





The best advice I could possibly give other bloggers is: to be you. I know it sounds corny but there are a thousand magazines out there, a thousand newspapers and even more blogs. You should really ask yourself what YOU have to offer that isn’t like the rest and I promise people who vibe will find you and love you, for just being you. Write about what you know, yes grow and learn but don’t come talk about things you are yet to understand. Don’t limit yourself, don’t sell yourself short, don’t question if your content is good enough and DON’T try to be like anybody else but you.



9. Please tell my readers where they can see more from you and your blog?

I’m @Lacy_Lover on Twitter, that’s my stage name too so catch me being a poet in the land of the brave. You can find me on Instagram @themotherofelephants, on Facebook as Lynn Komu. If you have any enquiries, want to give me money (HAHAHAHA, I’m serious though) you can email me, lynnkomu@gmail.com. My primary blog is http://www.themotherofelephants.blogspot.com and you can find my poetry on http://www.theloverchronicles.blogspot.com .





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Popular Posts

Featured post

I Keep These 5 Things in My Gym Bag

Subscribe