Bloggers Chat Circuit | Episode 5

4/07/2017 11:30:00 am

Hello, world! 

Welcome to the last installment of week's episodes of the #BloggersChatCircuit! Did you guys enjoy the series? Would you like to share your story? 
If you would like to feature in next month's series, feel free to drop a comment below and lets make some magic! 💥

I share Victoria's sentiments when she says that Namibian companies should stop sleeping on us and put us to work, we have so much to offer, all we need is the opportunity! 


______________________




1. Hi, Thank you for taking the time for this interview on my blog, can you tell my readers about yourself and your blog? What inspired you to start your blog? 


Hi guys, I’m Else Victoria but I go by Victoria because no one can actually pronounce Else (me included). I’m a 3 rd Marketing student in Cape Town and I’m loving every minute of living in this beautiful city. 
When I’m not degree hustling, I blog about fashion and personal style because I genuinely love clothing! I’ve always enjoyed reading fashion blogs: they are filled with endless, realistic style inspiration and it’s a space where you’re free to dress however you feel, there are no rules. 
Most of my favorite fashion gurus all started off as bloggers (and still are) who made room for themselves in the fashion industry by staying true to who they are and are now industry influencers/leaders. That inspires me so much. I started my blog as an online ‘diary’ where I could share my outfits, other items I love and the little daily happenings in my life but now I plan on expanding it to natural haircare real soon. It’s a hobby I enjoy so much so that I hope to turn it into a brand and a career one day.



3. How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently? 

Honestly, I am still learning how to manage my time but planning in advance is key. If I know my academic schedule is about to get crazy, I’ll shoot two looks instead of one. I try to shoot on Sunday mornings whilst everyone is still asleep. Since my creative bulb is lit at night, I work on editing pictures, drafting posts and other post ideas then.


4. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running? 

My motivation comes from me always going back to the real reason why I started my blog: this is something I genuinely enjoy doing and find it therapeutic. The entire process of creating new content is thrilling to me. When I go through “Blogger’s Block” (like I’ve been in the past few weeks) I check out other blogs for inspo or I stop creating for a bit. When I’m in an absolute rut, I’d watch a video or read a blog post by spirit animals Patricia Bright and Asiyami Gold. I’ve followed Patricia’s journey since the very beginning and they both serve as living proof that whatever you put your heart to, you will make it. Trust the journey and enjoy every step of the way.


5. What do you think is the best service a blogger can provide to his readers? 

The BEST service a blogger can provide is being unapologetically true to oneself and engaging with readers. There are too many blogs on the interweb for you to replicate another persona. Also, the only way to be truly consistent and create content that isn’t like other blogs is by being yourself. That’s what keeps readers coming back. There’s enough room for all of us. Create your niche and slay us.


6. Who takes the majority of your photos? 

Most of my photos are taken by my friend, Zinhle, an aspiring photographer. I’m horrible in front the camera but I’m so comfortable with her. I’m so grateful for her because let’s be honest, she essentially makes my blog.


7. What would you say that is the greatest satisfaction of being a blogger in Namibia?

It would have to be when Namibians comment or DM me and tell me they enjoy reading my blog and/or like my style. I’m nowhere near where I want to be and my vision for what I want my aesthetic too often make me feel like my posts are so
mediocre, so it warms my heart knowing someone can relate or stole an outfit idea
from there.


8. What is your best advice for other bloggers? 

My advice is to keep going (it’s only through volumes of work that you will improve and gain an organic following); improve your imagery and writing skills (take beautiful photos and learn to edit if you can’t afford a professional. Youtube is here
for you. Typos, grammar, and punctuation – it's stressful reading a post filled with
errors) and lastly, make sure you’re blogging for the right reasons.





9. Please tell my readers where they can see more from you and your blog?

I blog over at https://victoriasfashiondiary.com/ (my blogger’s block is over, I promise). You can also find me on Instagram & Twitter @VFDblog (for someone who can’t pose, I reaallllyyy like photos *hides face*). For inquiries (I’m speaking
blogging jobs into existence aka can Namibian companies stop sleeping on us), 
please email victoriafashiondiary@gmail.com. 😊












You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Popular Posts

Featured post

I Keep These 5 Things in My Gym Bag

Subscribe